Translate

Sunday, December 11, 2016

Sadie Weisberg, Student Work





Artist Statement:
My memory was of my first time crowd surfing at a small show and I tried to incorporate the size of the room by making everything look confined. All of the little dark blocks are the people in the crowd pushing to the front, but also carrying me above them towards the stage. I made a small stage with the band on it as well. The little red block in the back is actually my boyfriend in the crowd, and I am supposed to be the red block on top. I chose different colored woods because the place was very miss-matching and had all sorts of different weird things in it. I also distressed our red blocks because as fun as it was, I was entirely worn out.

Materials:
Wood, red paint. 

SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment