Translate

Saturday, May 24, 2014

Luke Evans, Artist





For his latest project titled "Forge", British artist Luke Evans (previously) created a series of miniature landscapes on his kitchen table using common household materials such as flour, salt, water and rocks. The idea for the series came about after Evans accidentally knocked some flour onto a table while baking some bread in the kitchen. He was struck by how much it resembled a strange martian landscape, and quickly took photos of the scene on his mobile phone. "For me, Forge was an exercise in frugality. As a broke student, I limited myself to materials I could find around the house" Evans told Creative Review, "Mainly, the project uses forced perspective and tilt-shift; in that sense, I see Forge as primarily a sculpture project that's documented in a way to bring them to life.

Source is Junk Culture.  Link here

No comments:

Post a Comment