Translate

Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Hannah Garrido, Student Work


Rooted Island (back), A Contorted Infinity (left), and Community (right)
Wood, thread, wire, masking tape, gel medium, gesso, ink
Largest sculpture is 12" x 14" x 3.5"


















Reflection Statement: 

The three-sculpture collection consisting of Rooted Island, A Contorted Infinity, and Community are all non-objective works that explore organic forms and lines. My intent with these sculptures was to visually communicate ideas and I wanted to focus on a specific goal for each piece to try and create a piece that exemplifies that goal. I strived to create negative space for Rooted Island, focal point for A Contorted Infinity, and repetition for Community. This piece allowed me to explore manipulating materials to make them look entirely different and challenging me to not use them for their traditional use. I want to keep exploring different ways to manipulate material to create something that looks entirely different from its original form.



In Process





 

No comments:

Post a Comment