Translate

Thursday, November 10, 2022

Student Work, A Few of My Favorite Things



Sydney Fisher


 1. Lavender. I can't remember a day that lavender was not my favorite scent.  When I light a candle or pick up a bar of soap, it will smell of lavender.

2. Film camera.  I like to take photos wherever I go.  I learned how to develop film on my own and even though the photos sometimes turn out looking too dark or out of focus, the process intrigues me.

3. Rings. I feel naked without them. 

4. Tiny notebook. In all honesty, my favorite part of being an artist is being able to make little drawings that no one will ever see.  There isn't so much pressure with something so small. 

5. Wooden pencil. An old friend of mine handmade this for me.  I tend to lose things often but this I will have forever.

6. Paintbrush.  I realized about 6 months ago that my niche is using oil paint.  All of my brushes now are covered with different pigments.  My friend will tell me, "you really need to get new brushes," but I don't know, in a way they feel like part of my favorite pieces that I've created.

7. Orange lighting.  I feel most peaceful when the orange lighting lights up my bedroom at night.  Even more when it rains.




Evan Gallagher


1. Running Shoe: I've been running for as long as I can remember. Every year and every season in High School I competed and it's something that has stuck with me for as along as I can remember. After all the sport runs in my family (pun intended).

2. Rubik's Cube: I'm a huge fan of puzzles, any kind. Brain teasers are something I've always found fun and I love a challenge, especially a mental one.

3. Book: Reading is something I love to do if I can get around to it. If I find a book I enjoy then I can find myself spending all day reading it and finishing it in a few days.

4. Carabiner: Rock climbing is something that I've only started doing recently but it is one of my favorite hobbies. Every climb is like a puzzle and requires thought, sometimes more than physicality. Climbing is both a physical and mental challenge that is extremely rewarding.

5. Juosta: Or "sash" in Lithuanian. For as a long as I can remember I've gone to a Lithuanian Heritage summer camp formally as a camper and now as a counselor and it is one of the best parts of my whole year. This summer I also had the opportunity to dance in the Lithuanian Folk Dance Festival in Philadelphia that only takes place once every four years.







Abby Lanza


 1. Pumpkin - The love of my life, I mean look at those eyes. I rescued Pumpkin in October, 2019              and her and I have been inseparable since. 
            
            2. Brown Sugar (Pound Puppy) - This awesome Pound Puppy was also recused by me at 6 years             old from a dusty thrift store. I do sleep with this stuffed animal every night as well. 

            3. Paint Supplies -  I picked up painting again after a 6+ year hiatus. This nifty handled caddy                     holds all of the paint my heart can handle...for now. 

            4. Papa (Grandfather) - This picture of my grandfather (right of the 2 dollar bill) was taken at his             base in Germany. My grandfather is my best friend and best person in my family to this day. 
            
            5. 2 dollar bill - I love money and money loves me....in all seriousness last spring I took my first                big trip to Denver, Colorado. I found myself in the evergreen mountains buying a coffee on with a             lake view when they handed me a 2 dollar bill. I was ecstatic, not knowing they give out 2 dollar                bills all the time in Colorado..It's a thing, but I stashed it as a special momento anyways. 

            6. Canon EOS Film 35mm - I bought this film camera after my Canon A-T1 35mm it was all                    manual and very hard to figure out. This on has a flash and I'm excited to see how my pictures turn             out!






Anna Fairon


1.) A 1960s/1970s rotary phone. Because it was my boyfriend's great grandparents' house phone. It reminds me of my need to communicate with family.

2.) A very old key. Because I had bought three old keys at an antique store for myself and my two good friends, we would all have an old key, kind of like friendship bracelets. It reminds me that my friends have the key to my heart.

3.) My grandmother's class ring from 1964. Because I wear it every day to remember her after her passing in 2017.

4.) A 1950's Wind Song perfume bottle. Because the original perfume is still made today. I put the perfume in the bottle which was empty when I bought it. It reminds me that there is still living history out there. 

5.) A 1930's heart locket. Because I wear it every day, my boyfriend gifted it to me for Christmas last year.







 

No comments:

Post a Comment