Translate

Thursday, December 30, 2021

Ideas for Gregor's Room Assignment

 "Once upon a time, when I was but a wee child of 8 or 9, I was obsessed with making dioramas. My Barbies never had any pedestrian, store bought plastic Dream Houses — no way. Instead, I lovingly dressed them in outfits hand sewn from foil and paper towels, and then constructed elaborate houses made of cardboard, which I furnished with notebook paper couches and armories. Nothing but the best for Barbie, right? Well, she seemed to like it. Years later, when I started school for photography I resurrected my love for scotch tape, staples and plain paper, and for a long time I never photographed anything that had not been cut and formed by my own hands. The net result went something like this:




From Design Crisis Blog. Link here.






The sculptures below use cardboard and tape. However, ideas can be gleaned for the Gregor's Room Assignment. 


Source link:







Image above is of a life size cardboard chair. 
The idea of "rolling" the paper can be used for Gregor's Room Assignment. 
If you roll the paper tight, you create a strong cylinder beam. 



The image above is of a life-size cardboard chair. 
Inspires idea to fold pieces of paper and then stack folded pieces to achieve a 3D form. 
Can use slit and tab to keep all folded pieces together. 

Source link:




No comments:

Post a Comment