Translate

Monday, May 1, 2017

Caitlin Lopez, Student Work





3D to 2D Assignment
For this project I decided to manipulate images of my three small sculptures in order to represent one of the elements or principles that I did not choose as the focus for any of the sculptures. In order to represent symmetry, I knew that I wanted to repeat the images and rearrange them. I started by placing all three images onto one canvas on Photoshop. I then layered them on top of each other and used a linear dodge filter on the second layer and a multiply filter on the third. This created the merging effect that makes them look like a new sculpture. I repeated the new image and arranged them to create a symmetrical composition. One thing that this project made me notice is the presence of geometric shape that was in each of my original sculptures. This is mirrored and emphasized by the geometric diamond shape that formed in the center and the straight lines that were repeated. 






No comments:

Post a Comment