Translate

Thursday, March 14, 2019

Annie Fox, Student Work






Moon Stories
Ceramic, Black paint, Gold paint
3" Diameter


When I was in high school, my older brother would come into my room late at night and throw a bouncy ball at me to wake me up. Although I hated being woken up in the middle of the night, I enjoyed our late night talks.

This piece is centered around that memory. The black on the outside represents the darkness of the late night and the gold inside represents the warm memory of our conversations. The overlapping of the gold onto the black represents that the conversations always took over my frustration of being woken up at night. The outside is smooth because my sleep has no depth compared to the conversations that are kept inside the rocky depth of the piece.




Work in process. This image shows the two halves after bisque fired. 

No comments:

Post a Comment