Translate

Monday, December 15, 2014

Cassie Fernandez, Student Work






I choose Gothic and Early Modern. The Seville Cathedral inspired me with the design on the side. My first instinct was to start with a cross figure and build layers that would come off the wall. I really liked the geometric style in the Goetheanhm. Each flat surface had a very distinct purpose that gave it a superior outline.  I incorporated some Early Modern patterns with the string, including the string on the center piece holding the rose window approximately 6 inches off the wall. I was inspired by the window in the Westminister Abbey photo. The rose window replicates the medieval period from which Gothic was introduced. I incorporated the columns within the cross to provide more features from the Gothic style. I am most proud of the rose window since I used a scroll saw to cut it - this was my first time using a scroll saw.

Materials: Foam board, balsa wood, thread, tape. Measures approx. 20 inches tall x 17 inches wide and 6 inches deep.

No comments:

Post a Comment