Translate

Thursday, December 4, 2014

Poetry Garment, Hannah Chittum, Student Work


Paper construction on the human form.


This poem touches on the seductive side of a relationship. I wanted my garment to have an alluring quality. My initial plan was to cover the required 90% of my body and leave just a small area, on my back, exposing my spine. I feel as though this particular area of the body is the most sensual. I was pleasantly surprised when I put myself inside the paper form for the first time. My body expanded the paper form. The exposed area of my spine was now framed by the curves and folds of the paper, taking on added qualities of sensuality.


i like my body by E. E. Cummings

i like my body when it is with your

body. It is so quite a new thing.

Muscles better and nerves more.

i like your body. i like what it does,

i like its hows. i like to feel the spine

of your body and its bones, and the trembling

-firm-smooth ness and which I will

again and again and again

kiss, i like kissing this and that of you,

i like, slowly stroking the, shocking fuzz

of your electric fur, and what-is-it comes

over parting flesh...And eyes big love-crumbs,



and possibly i like the thrill

of under me you quite so new

No comments:

Post a Comment