Translate

Sunday, January 10, 2016

Kailey Komar, Student Work


My "Body Happening" is essentially the extension of a human arm. By using wooden dowels of various sizes, styrofoam, fabric, masking tape, twine, and ALOT of hot glue, I recreated the fingers and joints of my hand and extended the connecting arm-piece so that it would be twice the length of my actual arm. The happening results from the use of twine glued to the end of the fingers. I threaded the twine through the arm piece and into a stopper placed at the center. I then tied loops at the end so that when I inserted my arm into the piece, I could lace my fingers into the loops situated at the center and pull each individual string. This would then cause the corresponding finger at the end to move, just like a real hand would.

No comments:

Post a Comment