Translate

Saturday, June 8, 2019

Amanda Marable, Student Work




Vermont House
Wood, paint, wood glue; 8" x 3.5" x 12.5"

My spatial blueprint is inspired by a trip to my friend's Vermont vacation home. The house itself is situated on a tall hill followed by a long, curving driveway, all surrounded by thick woods. The landscape is idyllic and I decided to highlight its natural properties with wood. 

I highlighted the elevation of the driveway by painting a shadow underneath the raised piece of wood that signified the long drive to the house. The house is three stories, hence the three wood blocks on top of one another. Since we visited Vermont in the winter, I included white paint splatters along the "treeline": the black/green block of paint around the focal point.




In process





Artist Inspiration

Ocean Drift #3, 2008
Ink, gouache, collage and cut-out on paper
30" x 44"
Image source valbritton.com




No comments:

Post a Comment