Translate

Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Jenna Davenport, Student Work. Response to Touch Chapter, A Natural History of the Senses.


The Feeling Bubble
Digital Photo Collage



"Our skin is a kind of space suit in which we maneuver through the atmosphere of harsh gases, cosmic rays, radiation from the sun, and obstacles of all sorts." 
- A Natural History of The Senses by Diane Ackerman

Statement: 
After reading the above excerpt from A Natural History of the Senses, I began to think about how incredible the body is. Not only does skin protect us and hold together our internal organs, but it also heals itself and adjusts to any natural changes we go through. With my work, I wanted to comment on the incredible abilities that everyone’s skin has. In order to accomplish this, I photographed the scars of a group of my friends and melded them all together in Photoshop. The skin is a fantastic organ and I wanted to show that with this piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment