Translate

Friday, April 19, 2013

Douglas Stearns, Student Work



Metal, Matt Board, Ink.
Measures approx. 6" x 7" x 4"

For my Memento piece I used the idea of getting your passport stamped. For me this marks ones arrival to a foreign country. I often find my self looking through my passport and remembering the places I have been. 

I used matt board, ink, and metal to construct this piece. 

Metal
I used metal because stamps are made from metal and I wanted the work to have a weight or impact, much like getting your passport stamped in real life. I welded this form in the metals studio. 

Matt Board
The matt board is reminiscent of the passport's book structure. 

Ink
The red ink functions as a design element highlighting the circular form of the metal and the area that is stamped. 

No comments:

Post a Comment